HEATER & FURNACE MAINTENANCE
Fewer Repairs. Extended Equipment Life.
Whether we were the company to initially install your residential furnace or not, the HVAC professionals at Pacific Heating Cooling will take care of any necessary repairs and future maintenance. After nearly 30 years in the industry, you can be sure our team understands the importance of a properly maintained system.
Once you hire us to properly maintain your system, you’ll notice more efficient airflow and energy savings. The more energy that is saved, the more dollars you save on your monthly utility bills.
Furnace Tune-Up Checklist
When you call the licensed, bonded, and insured HVAC technicians at Pacific Heating Cooling, you can be sure that your home will be as clean or cleaner by the time we are done with service. Here’s a quick furnace maintenance checklist that we go over with every furnace tune-up:
- Check and calibrate thermostat settings
- Inspect, test, and tighten electrical controls and connections
- Lubricate moving parts like motor and bearings
- Inspect gas connections and gas lines for leaks
- Check operation of safety controls
- Inspect, clean, and adjust pilot assembly as necessary
- Clean heat exchanger and check for cracks
- Remove, clean, and adjust burners
- Secure loose panels
- Check and adjust fan switch
- Ensure unobstructed combustion air openings
- Inspect flue pipe and proper ventilation
- Adjust belts and pulleys if necessary
- Check proper voltage and amp draw
- Change or clean air filter
- And More!
It’s a fact: preventative heating maintenance is the only way to guarantee peak system performance. With annual cleanings and regular professional checkups, you’ll extend the life of your equipment and better protect your HVAC investment. Over time, you’ll avoid major repairs and replacements. Who doesn’t want that?
DIY Furnace Maintenance
Besides giving your local HVAC technician a call for regular furnace maintenance, it is highly recommended that you change your furnace filter periodically. Checking your furnace filter every 30 days and waiting no longer than 90 days to clean or replace it will do wonders for your HVAC system. If you want to have cleaner indoor air, better airflow, and a more reliable and efficient furnace, learn how to change the filter.
Here are some quick instructions for changing your furnace filter:
- Find your furnace
- Turn off power to the furnace
- Find the removable filter panel door above, below, or on the side of the furnace
- Remove the access panel and remove the dirty filter
- Determine the correct filter type and size (use the same size and brand as your dirty filter or ask your local HVAC technician)
- Change your filter (make sure the arrow on the filter is pointing toward the furnace)
Benefits of Furnace and Heating Maintenance:
- Annual Cleanings
- Avoid Major Repairs & Replacements
- Extended Equipment Life
- High Energy Savings
- Lower Utility Bills
- Professional Checkups & Diagnosis
- Peak Performance & Air Flow
Check out our Residential Energy Savings Club for further rewards and Pacific Air perks!
Serving the Greater Tacoma Area Since 1984!
Call Pacific Air Systems day or night at 253.292.3995 to ask about heater maintenance or our comprehensive maintenance plan.